Accountancy and tax services for individuals

You are here:

We can help individuals, people who are self-employed, and those working as subcontractors to keep their finances in order. Our accountants can submit tax returns on your behalf – no need to worry about penalties for late filing. We’ll use our knowledge of tax relief and apply it to your individual circumstances, so you always know you’re not paying more than you need to.

If you have personal accountancy and tax questions, we can help. Call 01322 250 001 or email to get the conversation started.

Who can we help with our accountancy services?

We can help anyone with accountancy – our services are tailored, bespoke, and individual. Some of the individuals we work with on a regular basis are:

  • People who are self employed
  • Sole traders
  • Subcontractors
  • Individuals, especially those wanting to manage their tax
  • People dealing with property transactions and capital gains tax

We can help you understand the tax relief available to you and make sure you’re paying the correct amount, minimising your bill wherever possible. If you’re a subcontractor in the construction industry, you may benefit from registering for the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS). We will be happy to help you set this up.


Want some help with your finances? Then please get in touch on 01322 250 001 or email us at

Get a quote for individual accountancy services


Personal tax returns

If you work for yourself and don’t pay tax through an employer’s PAYE scheme, you’ll need to submit a tax return each financial year. This will ensure you pay the correct amount of tax to Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

Many self-employed individuals and subcontractors work with us to complete their tax returns, as we can ensure you only pay what you owe. Chartered accountants like us will make sure that you are tax efficient, making full use of exemptions and relief where possible. If you need a clearer idea of your finances throughout the year, you could also benefit from bookkeeping to show you clear income and outgoings.

Value-added tax (VAT)

Tax planning

We work with individuals who are looking to get their personal tax in order, often helping them to make significant tax savings.

Google can help you in many areas of life, but tax planning isn’t one of them. Official training and post-qualification experience are needed to fully comprehend the complex world of taxes, and to put a plan together that is as efficient as possible. By making a small investment and getting a tax professional on board, you could stand to make significant savings. We are experienced chartered accountants and will be able to help you with your individual taxes, providing any support you need.

Property transactions and capital gains tax

Property tax is complex, involving highly detailed legislation that’s thousands of pages in length. Many individuals find themselves dealing with capital gains tax when selling an asset that’s increased in value, and it’s not an easy area to negotiate alone.

We can help you navigate the complexities of capital gains tax and ensure you’re paying the correct amount, consulting the correct legislation and reporting the correct information to HMRC. We’ll need details of the original purchase, the sale, and we may need to know about income to determine the correct rate of tax – once you’ve told us this, you can leave the process in our hands.


Contact Adams Accountancy

Let’s talk about your personal tax needs. Adams Accountancy is here for your business. Call 01322 250 001 or email